- being pulled to hiatus
- a need to pull inward, as all around is opening & blooming
- missing the most secret & deepest part of me
- “Somewhere between the minute particular & the essence lies the land of poetry.” –May Sarton
- “Absolute attention is prayer.” -Simone Weil
- Back to the beginning, with hand on heart, so promising…
- my body whispering to me, “come back and nourish me.”
- this tender light, warming my opening into perfect soft sweetness
- and I say to my heart: Rave On.
I am taking a break for a bit. How long is yet to be seen, as I journey into the best and darkest part of me…
1. “I am profoundly enchanted by the flowing complexity in you.” -John Keats
2. Celery, onions & carrots in the soup pot. The triumphant trio. Always a great beginning.
3. He called someone a poop head. Preschool profanity.
4. Always thinking about efficiency. What if I pondered enjoyment?
5. Is there something more important than happiness?
7. “The marvelous thing about a good question is that it shapes our identity as much by the asking as it does by the answering.” -David Whyte
8. “Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild & precious life?”. -Mary Oliver
9. May we ask the deep & important & best questions.
1. The cool weather today calls for soup!
2. She returns to her not sleeping habit. I go back to yelling.
3. Listening to classical solo piano changes the way my heart beats.
4. How can I help?
5. The fish still make me smile.
6. Black polished nails growl for glitter.
7. I magnify his stress, how can I just listen & let him know he is heard & held?
8. She pats my back when I pick her up. Comfort returned & given.
9. Today I shall be…eyes wide, mouth shut.
1. All of us on the trail. Racing ensues.
2. Siting on the couch with Littles all around. They smell so good.
3. He played with my hair.
4. Just underpants & blankets. Donut run!
5. Ran in the darkness before the dawn. It truly is as they say.
6. Scents of cigarettes, cologne & laundry detergent.
7. “I don’t want to say shit.” The laughter that follows from the speaker & his audience (us).
8. She woke up crying & after her blanket rearranged & a bit of a back rub, back to sleep she goes. I am thankful I am here for this.
9. How can I love me?
1. Good food & excellent friends is an evening well spent. Thank you.
2. Words hold power. Mind their use.
3. The breeze is beautiful.
4. The painful discomfort of sharing something so blade-tip tender.
5. I am so done with this day.
6. A bright moon illuminating a clear dark sky.
7. What am I going to do?
8. How can I release the things I cannot change? Serenity prayer says I need to accept. Fu&#.
9. Acceptance feels like allowing & tastes like dead animal in my throat.
Retreat Rest Restore
The magic of home
it is a perfect mix of beauty & comfort,
rich, decadent & chocolaty,
velvet softness and brick & stone.
Our enchantment is always the goal
seek and find the
The best setting is the one that allows the extraordinary to emerge,
the meaningful moments to converge
into a stunning tapestry of your reality & truth.
Design your surroundings to inspire confidence and relax into
and set your intention
to enjoy the finer, simple things.
serving up yourself
over and over.
Where do you dwell with the Divine?
Sweetheart, home is you.