1. He calls it his “war hawk.” It’s a plastic parrot. All in the naming…
2. A lone yellow flower still in bloom.
3. I dumped his cereal on the floor. I am so tired of catering to his every & so many fears.
4. I thoroughly enjoy organizing. Then I come back to my reality.
5. Traumatic. Disappointment.
6. I am already done with this day. It’s 8:15. In the morning.
7. They had a picnic in the sunshine on a dark blue blanket.
8. Joy is the best makeup. -Anne Lamott
9. But first, some rebellion.
1. I long to be the desired. Not the default.
2. Cooler weather & classical piano music. I feel myself soften & sink.
3. How can I work with the interruptions?
4. These daily challenges & struggles are eroding my heart.
5. No matter what I do or don’t do, I will never look the exact way I want to.
6. Acceptance feels like quitting.
7. Constant striving feels like a sword impaling.
8. These few moments of silence were not worth the fight to get them.
1. Her dance moves. A gallop, hip move & hops. Outstanding!!
2. Little white pumpkins are so cute.
3. He brings me dandelions.
4. Creative crossroads. Choices. Conundrum.
5. How can I look in the mirror & like what I see?
6. Give me a glass jar filled with something deep red, envelop me in gray, a pencil & a page.
7. Running fingers through fine blonde hair & kissing into squish cheeks.
8. His hate hurts my heart.
9. May my words & actions be of love & light.
1. When you wonder the exact pattern, amount of blood in your eyes & scar made from bashing your head into a mirror. #parents
2. When your mother tells you to stop caring about her & your dad. What does one reply?
3. Thank you to the sweet lady who watched over my child while I used the restroom. You are an angel.
4. He rolled down a hill to make his sister laugh. He is amazing.
5. He gave us each a hug & kiss & said “I love you.” My heart melts.
6. She continues to hurt me in new & inventive ways.
7. I think stationary is a simple pleasure filled with hope.
8. The breeze was like a touch across my skin & playing with my hair.
9. It is growing harder not to hate her.
1. Quadruple kisses from them. My heart swells to burst.
2. I want to know if you know how to melt into that fierce heat of living, falling toward the center of your longing. – David Whyte
3. I am truly at my worst when driving. Especially across the river. Particularly when I notice someone looking at their phone and not the road. I WILL FIND A WAY TO SHOVE IT UP YOUR A#$.
4. Deep breath. Repeat. And again.
5. My scalp still tingles
6. Sail. Calms me down a notch. Or twenty. No need to ask why, it just does. Magic.
7. Window cleaning young male style-with a water gun in the nude. Whip with cloth to dry. Sparkling!
8. “We dwell between the air & the earth, guests of that middle kingdom where light & colour embrace.” -John O’Donohue
9. Let’s dance in this space.
Retreat Rest Restore
The magic of home
it is a perfect mix of beauty & comfort,
rich, decadent & chocolaty,
velvet softness and brick & stone.
Our enchantment is always the goal
seek and find the
The best setting is the one that allows the extraordinary to emerge,
the meaningful moments to converge
into a stunning tapestry of your reality & truth.
Design your surroundings to inspire confidence and relax into
and set your intention
to enjoy the finer, simple things.
serving up yourself
over and over.
Where do you dwell with the Divine?
Sweetheart, home is you.
Layer on more of you.
The bold, bright color.
Add a touch of life to each room.
Create your sacred space(s).
So how can we cultivate more small pleasures through our sense of touch? Our skin is hungry for sensation. Run your fingers down your arms, across the fabric of your couch. Take off your shoes and feel the ground beneath your feet. Feel your way through your house.
Photograph the surfaces you touch. Macro setting. Get closer.
What’s touching your skin?
What do you love to touch? Touch brings you deeply into your body.
Touch and embrace your life.
I hope you have enjoyed the past 11 days together.
More importantly, I sincerely wish for you to enjoy & adore your space.
The one around you and the places inside.
Your hear & your home are yours to love, hold and derive pleasure from.