1. He calls it his “war hawk.” It’s a plastic parrot. All in the naming…
2. A lone yellow flower still in bloom.
3. I dumped his cereal on the floor. I am so tired of catering to his every & so many fears.
4. I thoroughly enjoy organizing. Then I come back to my reality.
5. Traumatic. Disappointment.
6. I am already done with this day. It’s 8:15. In the morning.
7. They had a picnic in the sunshine on a dark blue blanket.
8. Joy is the best makeup. -Anne Lamott
9. But first, some rebellion.
1. “I am profoundly enchanted by the flowing complexity in you.” -John Keats
2. Celery, onions & carrots in the soup pot. The triumphant trio. Always a great beginning.
3. He called someone a poop head. Preschool profanity.
4. Always thinking about efficiency. What if I pondered enjoyment?
5. Is there something more important than happiness?
7. “The marvelous thing about a good question is that it shapes our identity as much by the asking as it does by the answering.” -David Whyte
8. “Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild & precious life?”. -Mary Oliver
9. May we ask the deep & important & best questions.
1. When I speak aloud I find myself editing, selling & getting excited all at the same time. A verbal mess.
2. She moves toward me, wanting to be held. Sweet baby hugs.
3. The sky is a bright blue, a canvas protecting us all.
4. Teasing is not a love language.
5. I am so hungry, yet nothing sounds good to eat.
6. May I make eye contact. Hold my gaze.
7. I do not appreciate his humor.
8. The grass is calling to be rested upon as the sun shines down.
9. Her giggles. I can’t help but laugh too.
1. The cool weather today calls for soup!
2. She returns to her not sleeping habit. I go back to yelling.
3. Listening to classical solo piano changes the way my heart beats.
4. How can I help?
5. The fish still make me smile.
6. Black polished nails growl for glitter.
7. I magnify his stress, how can I just listen & let him know he is heard & held?
8. She pats my back when I pick her up. Comfort returned & given.
9. Today I shall be…eyes wide, mouth shut.
1. Hurt blocks creativity. I just want this hole gone.
2. Purple flowers in honor of my mother. She text me “Goodbye C have a nice life.”
3. Nails lacquered in pitch black.
4. Eyes will be lined too. Accessories as armor & an outward expression of an inner sadness laced with anger.
5. “…to write is to note down the music of the world.” -Helene Cixous
6. Today I shall be…quieter. Listen to them speak.
7. Visiting a local farm to touch bunnies, look into the big eyes of a cow & laugh at goat antics.
8. “The deepest dream of silence is the beauty of music & word.” -John O’Donohue
9. Walk in beauty.
Our sacred beginnings, a cup and a poem.
Your role of beautiful brilliance
especially when it is ordinary
amazing, inspiring, incredible
an eternal exhale
and you inhale renewal & new beginnings.
So full of flavor and the unique taste of you.
Make today BLOOM.
Set your soul free with serenity at sunrise
your story starts here…
How do you greet the day?
Your brilliance is showing, my love.
Image from Pinterest