Photograph by Visarute Angkatavanich
Searching for me in all the wrong places.
The gorgeous guide, Hannah Marcotti, the inspiringly beautiful Kimberly Wilson, the nourishing Mara Glatzel, the shining millionaire Leonie Dawson, the Art of Simple lady Tsh Oxendreider, the woman who captures beauty, Susannah Conway, the journal amazing Jen of Journal Wild, the man of Zen Habits Leo Babuta, and the straight up powerhouse Danielle Laporte.
Inspiration vs. Emulation.
Stepping away from the voices not my own. Holding space for the silent whispers of my heart and soul to reveal themselves.
Metamorphosis: noun trans·fig·u·ra·tion : a change in form or appearance : an exalting, glorifying, or spiritual change
I have been in a creative void these past few weeks. Feeling as if I am staring into a muddled well of hurt and confusion. I have been trying to wait patiently for the water to settle so I can see answers more clearly.
Like a caterpillar turned to goo before becoming a butterfly, I am in the transformation stage. In the gray space of uncertainty and discomfort I am nourishing and tending to myself. Keeping the tender, tiny bloom of a new beginning soon to unfold cherished and hidden.
It is taking longer than I have patience for!
In the interim, here are some ideas and things I have been doing to #fill my well with nourishment and inspiration.
- Connect with yourself. Probably by being quiet.
- Spend time alone
- Go on a walk
- Meditate the way you like
- Sing with a smile
- Laugh down to your belly
- Pray any way
- Try a new creative endeavor
- Get a fish. The peaceful glide of one so light.
- Rest-create a soothing space to have delight-filled dreams.
- Light a candle and take a few breaths and watch the flame. Primal peace.
- A new journal. Fresh starts for a new season soon coming.
- Treat yourself with gentleness and speak words of sweet.
- Vision & create your own unique self-care routine
- Daydream, cloud watch, spend time outside,
- Play in water (a pool, lake, ocean, etc),
- Be present for a sunrise or sunset
Who or what is inspiring you? go & get some!
What can you do more of that makes you really alive & happy?
What can bring more playfulness, fun & celebration in your life?
What energy do you want to feel from your day?
What would you like your day to look like?
You are made of dreams, my inspire.